Project Name: Virtual Reality Training Simulator of a Unic mini-crane.
Objective: Create a complete simulation of the C/URW 095 Unic mini crane, to aid the training process of future crane operators.
Technology used: Oculus Rift, Razer Hydra, custom made software by 3dMatrix.
VR Simulator Features:
· Switch between 3d mode and VR mode
· 3 different scenarios.( Rooftop, country side, different outrigger setups.)
· 3 control modes.(main controls, locomotion setup and remote control mode.)
· Simulation of the complete set of levers and switches of the specific crane.
· Communication with the outside world through a webcam floating screen.
· Two different load types(300kg and 600kg.)
· Slope sensing abilities.(Turn over when specific slope values are exceeded.)
· Full set of visual and acoustical alarms when loss of stability is detected.
· Crane movement blocks according to specific alarms.
· Vocal warnings.
· Analog lever control where it is required.
· Real time torque calculation to determine maximum load values.